Many people on DeviantART have had their art stolen by a theif or troll. It may have no been you whose been burglared, but the popular deviants have suffered from this. Here's a message to art theives: Why do you even steal art? It won't make you popular here. Or maybe it will, but not in a good way. Art theives are one of my biggest pet peeves on the internet. And sometimes, art theives are going to lie and say that the stolen artwork was original. So here's some of the possible most annoying things that have ever had to be said.
- Hopefully, you've noticed that you're logged in on "DeviantART." If you don't know what to do, check around with the site or go to the help desk. That'll probably give you a jump start on the site. Don't just assume things when you're not sure. DeviantART sometimes takes a while to get a hang of.
- THIS ISN'T PHOTOBUCKET! One quick reminder, on dA you post your artwork. It's not much of a wise choice to post some picture you came across on Google. If you're going to post somebody else's art, ask them or get off of this site. Surely the admins don't want to deal with another banned account.
- "This artwork is mine!" Sorry, honey. If lying by saying "I didn't do it" after shooting somebody won't bail you out of jail, saying "That other person is a theif!" won't help you from not being banned. Once you've stolen artwork, delete it or pay the consequence.
- If you come across a nice picture on a different site and save it, it would be wise that you don't post it on DeviantART.</b> If you like art so much, don't post it without permission from the owner. I don't even know why art theives are in this world. "Admire art. Don't steal it." as somebody said before.
- When you know that you've stolen somebody's artwork, you should also know that one day an army of artists will flame you down. So if you stole art, delete it. Now. Also, don't flame people when their right. If they say, "You stole this from somebody," just accept the fact. What worse is that I've seen art theives flaming the original artist when the they tell them "please take it off." The art theif just says, "Fuck off." or "It's mine, bitch." That just won't cut it.
- Coloring over artwork to claim as yours? Mm mm. *Shakes head* That's no good. It's just stupid. Eventually somebody's going to find out it's just a cheap version.
- Just post your own artwork on DeviantART. What's so hard about that? Computers are wise enough to actually have a paint program automatically in them. Use the classic mouse+paint skill or a camera. All art (except for stolen art of course) is art. Show your artistic talents.
There. I have given my examples on what I don't like that art theives do. I would be seriously pissed off if somebody stole my art. (And it would be quite ironic if THIS WRITING got stolen.) So if you're an art theif, don't even bother to steal art. You will get caught.